View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 AM   #62
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
I ONLY like my hot tea with milk/cream!!! I am an American so our tea selection isn't the same as in Europe (I was amazed at the tea selection we saw in some stores in London a few years ago when I visited. There was a particular dept store we went to--can't remember the name at this second. The first floor was chocolates, tea, snacks--it was GREAT)

I LOVE tea with cake or a chocolate. I used to like Earl Grey...I find myself leaning towards the less strong Lady Grey these days.

In the US: Luzianne tea is the best "bulk" tea and the best for iced tea. This is my morning tea in the winter. A nice clear brew, though not necessarily with special notes, this is my standby, good sturdy cup of tea, better than all the other "brand" names. Comes in decaf, which is especially nice when I need that tea for the end of the day!!!

I get my Jasmine and Chinese type teas from a China market. They carry a better selection than a regular grocery store, although my Chinese friends inform me that I can only get quality Jasmine by buying it direct. Yes, uhm.

I did find this great tea sold by Glandeves in France. It's a peony, saffron, wild blend:
http://en.glandeves.fr/index1.html It reminds me of some of the very best green teas that I have ever been lucky enough to drink (I do have a friend in Japan that takes pity on me and sends me some wonderful green tea now and then.) Anyway this white peony tea was one of the best green type teas I've had. The saffron that I got from the same store was really excellent as well (although I am now getting way off topic...)

There is nothing like a good cup a tea, a selection of chocolate (here in the US that would be See's candies!) and a wonderful book!!!

Now I need tea. Or hot chocolate my other favorite...

Maria
Sage (multi-formats)
Catch an Honest Thief (Kindle Only)
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote