Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #1275
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to drop by and say that all our customers will be benefiting from the work we did on the 2.1+ versions of the Kobo Touch software very soon. It is top-of-mind for me given the positive feedback we have been receiving on it to-date. I definitely do not want to keep it from you any longer than necessary.

As some folks have already mentioned, to be on the safe side, I would not recommend installing the build yourself before receiving it through our upgrade process.

As usual, I can't share exact timeframes for when the software will be available, but please know that it's not far off. Thank you for bearing with us so far, and stay tuned.

Thanks,
Sameer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
"Not far off" on 2nd September. Does this mean we will get it along with the firware release for the Glo etc. on 1st October? It will be very dissapointing if it was any later than this.
Maybe it was to shut us up for a while in case our negative remarks about Kobo affected the sales of their new ereaders ?

...or am I being tooo nasty to a bunch of well meaning guys !

Last edited by mXb; 10-01-2012 at 11:09 AM.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote