View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #15358
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm currently reading "When Worlds Collide", a 1933 novel by Philip Wylie and Edwin Balmer. I've seen the (very enjoyable) film adaptation of this several times, but until I came across the book purely by chance on Amazon I didn't know that the film was based on a book .

The plot is that a "rogue planet" is discovered by astronomers, which is going to collide with the Earth in a few months time. Civilisation starts to collapse as the news causes mass panic, and a group of scientists tries to build a spaceship which will take a few people to the new planet to start afresh.

About half way through it so far. Very enjoyable, and also nicely formatted with few errors.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote