View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I intend to give Anthem a look one of these days but I do have a few other (gift) books ahead in the TBR list. I do hope it is a bit less strident but if the writing is comparable to ATLAS... It'll be worth my time.
I don't believe you'll find Anthem at all preachy or strident. This is her second book and it shows. The writing doesn't have nearly the power of her later work. But to the good, she tried harder to illustrate what she meant in this book rather than the lengthy stream of consciousness monologues the characters or narrator subject the reader to in her later work.

In a way, there is more optimism on her part in this book than in her later books. I suspect she began to suspect her warning was coming too late to do any good by the later books. Man, I hope she was wrong about THAT, but I fear she was not.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote