View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #194
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by shentar View Post
I'm running calibre 1.1 with "open with" 1.5.7. I've just tried to add Microsoft Reader as a viewer for .lit and it won't start, or rather the Reader splash screen flashes on the display then disappears. It works fine when I start it from Windows Explorer either by clicking on the .exe or by clicking on a .lit book. Other open-with options I've added (Foxit, DJVu etc) all work fine. I've even re-installed MSReader.

I think I've had this working in the past - TBH I was surprised I didn't already have it as an option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
When I tried to put msreader into Open With about 18 months ago I got the same behaviour. IIRC I've had problems putting an image and a text editor into the Open With plugin, but other programs are fine.

Never reported them because I could live without them - pressing 'o' and doing what I want from there is almost as easy.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-08-2013 at 02:02 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote