View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #34
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
If she wanted to loan/share the DRM free eBook she could send it to our entire family at once so they could all read it at the same time plus she'd still have access as well.
The problem is that the publishers would see each of the people she loaned it to as a lost sale. In reality, chances are, most of the people she loaned it to wouldn't have bought it, so it's not a lost sale, but it IS exposure for the author and if they liked the loaned book, perhaps they'll buy another book by that author. Like some other posters have mentioned, I'm much more likely to buy a book if it's DRM-free and, out of respect for the publisher, I won't loan/copy the book. I'm less likely to buy a DRM'd book (unless I really want it and can remove the DRM) and, while I still wouldn't loan/copy it, my inhibitions about doing so are lower...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote