View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #48
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
There are also some scenes in the movies that weren't in the books. The warg battle on the way to Helm's Deep, for example; where did THAT come from? Sam and Frodo at Osgiliath, for another. The Passes of the Dead. And Elrond personally travelling incognito half way across Middle-earth just to give Aragorn his sword (what? he doesn't have people to do that for him?) -- when in the books Aragorn already had it.
I haven't read the books in over a decade, but I *know* the passes of the dead are in there. When it was announced that Peter Jackson was directing the films, I wondered to myself if he would make them more "ghost-like" or as zombies (because of his prior work). He took an interesting middle ground.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote