Thread: Horror!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Horror!

So last night I finished Stephen King's "Duma Key" and it was really great. That's not really what I expected, but it was. After reading "Bag of Bones" earlier in the year and finding it exceptional as well, I was willing to give King a second chance.

I don't read a lot of genre fiction, as I usually find it to be a bit trying... but these two books were really great escapes, and was wondering if anyone could offer some other suggestions along this line. I like the creepy stuff, but it needs to have some meat to make it interesting.

I'm not too interested in a lot of King's early stuff, and I am slowly making my way through the Dark Tower series... but other authors and any other books you'd suggest, I'd be interested in hearing.

Thanks!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote