View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #31
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weebil View Post
In that realm, I am currently working on a companion recipe book for my novel, (bartending recipes, tips etc) and although I don't want it to be an unending mess of hyperlinks,(although tempting financially, my goal is not to alienate the reader) I would like to add a page at the end so readers can find the products I am speaking about. (a great Bloody Mary product, for instance) Obnoxious? What are your thoughts?
I like product links at the end. I buy a lot of crafting books and having them say, "oh, yeah, totally, get a 4" inch xenofied needle with a carbonated eye and a swiffle edging" makes me want to crawl into a ball and cry desolately because I know from experience that a google search will end with a thousand variations of BUY XENOFIED NEEDLES HERE that then redirect to useless About.com pages.

But a single like to a webpage you maintain would be awesome, too, IF you want to put in the overhead to maintain the page. And you can make it look nice. Otherwise, no. Product links are better and I'm less likely to blame the author if one link sucks.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote