Thread: Development PocketEdge Experience so far
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
corvettejoe
Edge User

@ kennyminot - I hadn't gotten to thinking about an alternative launcher yet, that would be a nice change. I use ADW on my phone and like it a lot.
Mind PMing/emailing me how you got gmail working? Though I almost don't mind it not working as there is no way for the "alternative market" to access my accounts now LOL. Froyo Mail works just fine for my purposes (plus, I still have my phone on me at all times, an usually always around a PC).

I don't really do notes or anything, so... so far the ereader is sufficient for my uses (books only). I did try a few PDF files (Top Gear magazine, and some scuba magazines) and was pretty disappointed, but I wouldn't expect ANY ereader to fully display what a PDF has to display (though this is my FIRST experience with an e-reader). The android side did fairly better, but the scrolling killed it. I just plan to read books on the ereader side and do android things on the tablet side... not really caring about notes of magazines for my own purposes.

@Gunnerp245 - It's called Elixir. It's totally free. I have it on my phone, and in a 2x4 space, I have about 21 icons, mostly all status and the switches (wifi, lighting, antennas, etc)...and a bunch of apps I use most often on it as well. I just have it setup with a few basic things on the PE since it has a lot more icon space on it's screen.

-------------

I do have to say, after a few comments of people using the stylus with better results on the tablet's resistive screen.. I started using the tippy tip of my finger or a finger nail and have MUCH better results. I was so used to just thumbing everything, and I guess the screen doesn't know what to do with all the surface of my entire finger tip... so I have found it much more responsive now that I know how to use it better... it's still no where NEAR my phone's capacitive screen.. but a much better improvement with my change in technique.