View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
I think we need the killer app. Something for which they are so much better that it is worth the extra cost and small hassle. It would also help if the same group that has made the IPod what it is can be made to embrace eBooks - namely the "utes".

My 02 is that the killer app could be college texts. Get rid of the heavy books of today and the college kids are already comfortable with the tech part. Pretty much the same group as the IPod. Once they have them for texts, they will use them for other reading and what is popular on campus often spreads to the rest of the society. I wonder if the publishers are thinking about this?

The down side is that, sadly, much of America is too damn stupid and lazy to read much beyond Sports Illustrated and National Enquirer so reading in general may never have the wide appeal of the IPod.

Last edited by CCDMan; 04-23-2006 at 11:36 AM.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote