View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #16
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I am not worried about "user files" much, but about programmes - I'd be using it for work, and I have plenty of statistical packages and the like that take up a lot of space with installation - I presume they cannot be installed on an external drive, right? (please don't shoot )
It is full Windows so the answer would be "yes" for 99.99% of programs.

On full Windows external drives and internal partitions all look the same; a different drive letter. (With newer versions you can play tricks to fool even badly-behaved programs.) And it is considered good coding practice since Win95 to allow programs to run from anywhere, not just the programs directory.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote