View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:10 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkmancho View Post
Well, I got the daily as a grad present, but them I really didn't like the lack of contrast and glare in the screen. So, today I saw that Amazon is releasing the New Kindle DX. I think it's pretty hot, and the price difference is only $60 so I can return the Reader and buy a new Kindle. I'm looking forward to use it in college as to read textbooks and all kind of stuff. what u guys think. is this smart? should II do it or not?
I like both Kindles - but only for casual reads.
I wouldn't use either of these for "professional" documents.
Usually (just my guess) your textbooks will be PDFs.
a.) Kindles only offer very basic PDF-functionality.
b.) Notes and annotations on both Kindles are solved very nicely. But I find myself preferring those functions on touchscreen units. For example, I prefer scribbling directly within the text - like I would do it on paper.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote