Thread: One week to go?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
One week to go?

Robertb's original estimate was that our (my son's) pocket pro's would arrive at his place in a week and be shipping out soon thereafter. Now, I know how many things can come between a plan and reality so I thought we'd marshal our collective forces to grease the skids a bit. If you can help out with any of the following, please step in.

1) Longshoreman's Union: I've had imports held up because of dock strikes. If we have any union members here, can you please tell them about the sacredness of labor day and that they need to hold off any planned strikes until after that date?

2) US Customs: I know that the pocket pro is a new device, but it really is the same for customs purposes as the Sony readers, the Kindles and all of those other books. Can someone make sure they know how to classify it so its not held up?

3) Astak Staffing: Astak may well be overwhelmed by the millions of readers arriving. What happens if the first 100,000 they open and repack are all Chartreuse? Does that mean that my slate blue reader will be delayed in shipment? Is there anyone on the west coast who can volunteer to help them in the shipping department? Please, however, do not volunteer if you are color blind. I'd hate to have to give my son a hot pink reader.

4) Banking: Of course as one of the early committers (or is that committed as in I should be committed?) I am expecting a rebate check. If you have contacts at the Astak bank, please make sure they have funds at the account in question.

Are there any other issues that I have not covered? If you can think of anything, please step in to help.

Meanwhile, I've got to go. I'm off to make sure my UPS person has their flu shots, and I'm going to try to sign them up to take part in the H1N1 (swine flue) vaccine trial.

Thanks for all of your help.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote