View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #140
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
I tried this dictionary:

Code:
<?xml version = "1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE document SYSTEM "dictionary.dtd"> 
<dictionary>
<entry>
 <key>Würstel</key>
 <def>Definition of <i>Würstel</i>, with upper case letter.</def>
</entry>
<entry>
 <key>würstel</key>
 <def>Definition of <i>würstel</i>, with lower case letter.</def>
</entry>
<entry>
 <key>1826</key>
 <def>Test of <i>1826</i> one-eight-two-six.</def>
</entry>
<entry>
 <key>è</key>
 <def>"è" is the Italian equivalent of "is".</def>
</entry>
<entry>
 <key>Leopardi</key>
 <def><i>Leopardi</i> is the name of a famous Italian poet.</def>
</entry>
<entry>
 <key>leopardi</key>
 <def><i>leopardi</i> means "leopards" in Italian.</def>
</entry>
<entry>
 <key>égloga</key>
 <def>Type of ancient poem.</def>
</entry>
</dictionary>
My code generates le.html (Leopardi and leopardi) and 11.html (all the other words). All the keys are present in words, and they are recognized by the search function on the kobo (tested this by searching for them in search box).

Apparently, searching for "1826" retrieves its definition, while "égloga" or " würstel" (they went into 11.html) does not --- this could mean that the Kobo expects them to be in ég.html and wü.html files. So far so good, but I am puzzled by the fact that also "è" does not retrieve its definition, albeit being in 11.html.

Last edited by AlPe; 12-08-2012 at 04:27 PM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote