View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
You certainly can't beat the price for one that's for sure. Assuming they work as well as advertized anyway. I'm hoping that it will run with my writing programs like YWriter or LSB. With the small size and the hard drive size it should be ideal for something like Word Processing I think. Not a gaming computer certainly but laptops don't work well for that kind of thing anyway usually.
Those programs are Windows/Linux based you will not be able to run them in Android.

My advice for tech is to never buy at the bottom of the barrel, nor to buy the latest.

As far as price, well that is relative to what you get. And for $100 I think the Mini-laptops are over priced. I think Samsung's student deal (Tab2 + BT Keyboard) is at $220 is a better deal for your money. Like K I went for the Asus Transformer prime and my wife totally satisfied handles almost everything she throws at it. I'd even recommend a Nexus 7 + BT keyboard over the mini laptop.

Let me add this what I've noticed is word processors on Android seem to be CPU intensive.... I don't know why. When I try to type on my nook/phone overclocked to 1.2GHz they still tend to struggle with large documents.

HOWEVER if price is the most important requirement then consider this, if you have a tad bit of hardware know how.
The article has purchased an Atrix docking station for about $50~$70 and an MK808 Android thumb drive $74. The tutorial also has the Mk808 running on Linux so you can get YWriter to work on this solution.

http://liliputing.com/2012/06/mk802-...a-lapdock.html
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote