View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #15
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKaos View Post
My computer's IP is 192.168.1.109, and if I do ;711 on my kindle, it shows the device IP as 192.168.1.159
That is a different interface, probably connected to an ethernet port or wifi.

If you have the USBnet driver installed on your PC, it will show in linux as device usb0 when the kindle is plugged in, or on windows it will show as an RNDIS network device.

You need to manually assign the IP address for that device on the host PC because the kindle is not running a DHCP server.

The ;711 command on the kindle also shows the IP of a different device (the wifi port). The USBnet will use the IP addresses I said in my previous post.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote