View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
BRGriff
Connoisseur
BRGriff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
GoComics After Merger - New "Feeds" ListWith the ensuing merger of GoComics and Comic

With the ensuing merger of GoComics and Comics.com only days away (June 1), I have worked on a new "Feeds" list that can be copied and pasted into you current GoComics recipe. In the list, the following have been done:

1. The Comics.com URL has been changed to GoComics.com

2. The syntax has been modified to be consistent for use on GoComics:
examples: Andy_Capp has been changed to Andycapp
Arlo&Janis has been changed to ArloandJanis
KitNCaryle has been changed to KitandCarlye
(I give these examples in the event I have missed something and you need to edit the list)

3. Other formatting changes have been made to make both lists compatible.

4. The two site lists were then merged and sorted from A to Z.

5. General comics and Editorial comics were kept as separate groups.

To use, download the attached text file and then copy and paste it into your current GoComics recipe in place of the existing feeds list. I would highly recommend you rename the file as "GoComics Merged" so you do not overwrite you existing GoComics recipe. To do this change the name in the "Title" portion at the top of the recipe. This is just a safety precaution until enough testing is done to verify all is working properly. I have downloaded over 50 randomly selected comics with no problems. A few comics still have not been put on the GoComics server, but they will be there soon.

You will need to go through the list and remove the "#" sign before the name of any comic you desire to download. Be sure to "Add/Update" the changes you make.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I would have posted a full reworked recipe but did not want to impinge upon Starson17's copyrights and other hard work he put in in writing the recipe. Maybe he will find my labors of use and post a new recipe incorporating my work.

Have fun, laugh loudly and never shed a tear except in joy.
Attached Files
File Type: txt GoComics New Feeds List.txt (25.4 KB, 664 views)
BRGriff is offline   Reply With Quote