Thread: EPUB3 reader?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #13
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedhermit View Post
@Terisa: I think having a dictionary is completely up to the user agent (the e-reader software). There are plug-in dictionaries for browsers today, even one for the OED. So I believe your could have a dictionary in either EPUB 2.1 or EPUB 3.
But I would like to have a dictionary that I would be able to read in a Kobo or a Sony, not being tied to a vendor. A way to include a dictionary in the same way I do it in Mobipocket. I think that for that you have to have an spec for building the dictionary, I'm afraid. If there's a reason aside of this for not selling ePub dictionaries, please, explain me.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote