View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3l01v View Post
Oh, I should include what I'm trying to accomplish. As I understand it, completing this process will allow me to sideload .apk apps to my rooted NC.
Well, you can do that without ADB usb access, but what adb access will allow you to do is to issue adb commands from your PC to your Nook without having to use another helper app (e.g. Root Explorer (a pay app that can allow you to manipulate files on internal memory and remount the internal memory read-write) or Astro (free -- use to install apps that you moved to the SD card), Terminal Emulator (free -- use to issue command line actions), Wireless ADB (for those that can't get the drivers to install correctly on their PC), Email Installer (mail your apk to yourself as an attachment and install from email -- I love this one, myself.

Congrats. Getting ADB drivers to work isn't always straightforward. You don't have to have it working to get full use out of your rooted NookColor, but's it's nice to have as an option.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote