View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I forgot to check out Whirlpool, thanks Viviena.

I was shocked on that thread, though, to read that they believe that Sony, Kindle and Kobo are their only option for a "good reader". I guess they haven't thought about looking overseas. I am so extremely happy with my PB360 that I recommend it to everyone who asks. It's one of my most favourite possessions.

I'm always on the lookout for bargains though, and $98AUD for a reader in Australia seemed way too good to be true. I don't think I'll bother.

For anyone who doesn't want to click the link and go through the thread over there..

Many, many people didn't do their research or read the packaging or advertising and bought one expecting it to read their DRM-protected files. In fact, most of those people didn't realise what DRM was to begin with. So the majority of the unhappy people are people who bought the device without understanding how it worked.

Other people are happy and think that for $98/$99 it was a good buy for a basic reader. It seems to read PDFs well and one guy mentioned that it read txt and epub books just fine (non-DRM'd EPUBs of course!).

The DRM-clueless people are complaining that you can ONLY read ILLEGAL content on them. They obviously have no idea where to buy non-DRM book and have never heard of fanfiction or free book sites.

In short, it sounds like an ok deal for a very basic reader. I think I'll wait for the new generation of Pocketbooks, though.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote