View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I hate to say it, 'cause I know it happens, but sitting on any device too large, or too fragile to occupy your back pocket has got to be embarrASSing! Truly a wonder I've yet to do that. I did once manage to kill a Mitsubishi Amity mini laptop by spilling the water from my nightstand on it while asleep... That was about $500 worth of painful.

I didn't remember those little neodymium magnets were that thin. I know there is a pair of them floating around in my shop somewhere from RatShack... possibly stuck to a nice steel mechanic's toolbox.

If you're worried about the cover getting squeezed really hard, maybe one or two of those stick on rubber feet trimmed appropriately and placed over the bezel would keep the magnet off the screen? Unfortunately, anything you add except in the area of the screen depression tends to make your cover stay open and makes it thicker.

The speck case for my Touch seems to have been designed with a pad built into the front cover for the express purpose of spreading out any force applied to the front cover over the entire surface area of the display.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote