View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #651
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trex_daemon View Post
So, the previous post I've written from the phone, now I will try to provide more info.
The device is a kindle 3 Wifi only.
Yesterday, after flashing the bootloader found here :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2217459, when performing the
k3flasher ./mx35to2_mmc.bin info command the device's serial number and Wifi mac are all displaying '???' instead of the real serial and mac.
Was this area overwritten ?
I've used the k3flasher program uboot parameter for it.

Do you have an advice what should I do ? Or the device is permanently bricked ? (I hope not)
When a failed official firmware update destroyed my idme vars (including serial number and wifi mac), I used a custom patched uboot that rewrote my own hard-coded values taken from a backup copy of a diagnostics log that contained all those values.

It can be done. But you need to compile a custom u-boot with your values in it.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote