View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #15
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
This thread reminds me of Sander Cohen (twisted "genius" artist in the game Bioshock). He described his muse as "a fickle b**** with a short attention span!"
I wouldn't quite put it that way, but I have had the problem he's describing.

As for the inspiration/prespiration discussion, its not entirely true. You can only write so much at one time before you start producing tripe, and when that happens you have to sit back and let your brain recover. Its like a computer programmer whose boss forces him to keep coding after his brain reaches the point where he can't write good code anymore; he has to spend the next day's good code time fixing the bad code he wrote because of it.

Sometimes I wonder if that's why L. Ron Hubbard's sci-fi works were so bad; he was spending so much time writing that he overstrained his brain.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote