View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #40
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayspooled View Post
Dunnett and O'Brian are kinda like a dirty little secret to historical fiction fans. Sort of like Tolkien must have been to fantasy fans back in the sixties and seventies, where they knew eventually the world would discover him. Someday the world will discover what exceptional writing these two did. Dunnett's work is dense, complicated, hard to get started but if you stick with it, you'll read something as good as the best of Austen. I too love Pride and Prejudice and Pillars of the Earth.
Thanks for this - I might try them out

I've had a second look at what historical fiction I could think of. Historical fiction with a love story... It's really hard to think anything with prominent love stories if its supposed to be 'good' fiction rather than 'romance' (no offence meant, I read romance as well )
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote