View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #63
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
[root@kindle root]# x11vnc -noxdamage -forever -shared -noncache -shiftcmap 240 -notruecolor -vncconnect -nopw -solid white -modtweak -xkb -add_keysyms -wireframe -wcr always -scr_area 50000 -nap -threads

decent options. now just need to weld the Xvfb -fp /mnt/us/sh/fonts/X11/100dpi/ -noreset -screen 0 600x800x8 -bs -wr into that

EDIT: No - I won't bother. it would be too fiddly whilever we are using shared logins.

I will keep it separate and just script it up as /mnt/us/usr/bin/xvnc and /mnt/us/usr/bin/xvfb that's simple enough. shove a sleep 5 in there and you have a workable startup script. Chuck a few xset's at it and I think that's as good as you get without - as you rightly say - going the extra mile to fix the tty issues.

I was considering a workaround of some description as the config for the 4 way etc are actually referenced (if missing?) in the old /usr/bin/startx which makes me at least think I can get a likely xkb configuration happening. that gives me some faith

I am no "developer of repute" so if you do find the time in your probably stupidly busy life to have a further look at the current buildroot sources that would be great. your code amends backport nicely in the xorg-server arena just FYI. I applied them to an older version that I build against with no problems, so I guess that VT code hasn't been touched in a while more faith that the work may not bit rot quickly.

Thanks for your amazing works mate. Really pleased to be able to hack something REALLY workable (and flexible) together in under a few days. Brilliant. Can't wait to show my buddy to amazing improvements that have happened in just a few days. : )

Last edited by twobob; 11-01-2012 at 03:22 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote