View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #71
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I really enjoyed the Harry Potter books... I thought it was a great story... and epic of good vs evil told in a manner that was entertaining and could capture the imagination of child and adult alike.

However, I how no idea all of the symbolism and mythology and such that she put into this series until I started listening to the SQPN: Secrets of Harry Potter podcast. It goes into some of this stuff.. for example many of the characters names have a deeper meaning or tie to some greek myth or religious icon...etc...

I am sure a lot of what they say in the podcast is speculation... but much of it makes a lot of sense... so, it impressed me even more the thought and planning that she put into this series.

I have no idea if JK has more on the horizon.... but I look forward to her next efforts. I have no idea if she can top Harry... but I for one will be reading her next book (if there ever is one) even if I have to buy it in paper. (We bought 5 paper copies of The Deathly Hallows and the audio book version on CD on the release date.)

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 03-28-2010 at 03:11 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote