View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #572
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Hmmm. Someone said that if we're lucky, we'll eventually get to where we only read a single book, forgetting it enough to enjoy the beginning by the time we finish. I'm not quite to THAT point yet, but I must say I'm enjoying more re-reads than I ever did.
I have always enjoyed re-reading and never understood that there are people who don't. I re-read more when I was a child, though. Of course I had more time on my hands then, and there were never enough books in the house. Nowadays, my TBR keeps growing and I find myself unable to keep pace. But it's not a reason to not re-read favorite books at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
An excellent series, and very well read by Mr. Gardner. I've enjoyed it quite a bit, and recently re-read the series in a mix of audio and ebook forms.
That's what I plan to do. I have most of the ebooks which came with the Cryoburn CD, but my problem is that I seem to be stuck in the middle of The Vor Game for about a year now. That's why I thought it might be a good idea to get myself some of the early audiobooks to rekindle my interest in the series.

Earlier this evening, I listened to an episode of the Lightspeed Magazine podcast: Eight Episodes by Robert Reed.

Wow. I really enjoyed that one. Perhaps I should add that I absolutely love well written stories with paleontological themes. This one had both paleontology and aliens.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote