View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #15002
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post

To cleanse the palate, I will next read My Man Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse.
Very nice. I especially enjoyed the British slang of the time. Words like chappie, rummy and top-hole.

Next I read one of my latest purchases from BoB UK ($1.48). It's book 4 of 5 in the Escape From Furnace series by British author Alexander Gordon Smith called Fugitives. A YA sci-fi-ish book about children in prison. Somewhat shocking and lots of action. Heartbreaking sadness mixed in. Rated C+ [3 stars]. A few plot holes keep me from rating it higher. I'll finish the series sometime later.

Currently reading Strong Poison by Dorothy Sayers. My first with this author but on my TBR list for awhile so when Kobo had Sayers' titles on sale for $2.02 I grabbed two.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote