View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Three Rocket eBook 1100 & loads of books for sale $100

The Rocket eBook came out some time ago, and was an excellent device. Unfortunately, the company that took it over decided to abandon it, so no longer could buy books. However, you can still get many free classic books from Gutenberg.com and other places.

These have features that are not on some of the more current ebook readers . They are easy to use, have backlighted touch screens, you can download any type font and size that is on your computer (to get very large type for those who need it), the lighting and contrast can be adjusted, the batteries last a long time before needing a recharge, the text can be read either vertically or horizontally, it has a built-in dictionary, you can make bookmarks or notes, you can switch between two type sizes with a push of a button, and there are a lot of other great features.

I bought the eBook 1100 several years ago, and loved it. I got a second one for my wife. A friend who had ordered a lot of books (as I did) when Gemstar announced they were discontinuing support, gave me his with a lot more books.

When Sony finally came out with the Reader, I immediately got that, and then about six months ago got the Kindle. My wife now "owns" the Reader and I the Kindle. As we can read the Gutenberg classics on both of those, really have no use for the three 1100s anymore.

They all are in excellent condition, each with a case, charger and USB cable. I have the original CD with the Librarian software, and have burned that and all the books to another CD. I have more than 400 books for these, plus many free classics from Gutenberg. Each device has some books on it, so can start reading immediately. The books are all listed on the CD. Each device can only take the books purchased for the account on that book. However, in my Librarian software, they are all listed, and can be re-downloaded to one of the eBooks registered for that particular book, so among the three devices, all these books can be read.

These would be especially good for somebody who has had one or has ever used one. Like any such device, learning to use the software to load books takes a little time, but you can just turn them on and start reading. I will be glad to help with any questions or problems via email or phone for any buyer.

It would make sense to buy all three so all the already-purchased books can all be read on the one they were bought for. I'll sell all three for $100 plus shipping. Send PM or email.

Last edited by KlondikeGeoff; 07-28-2008 at 07:15 PM.