View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #2
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover View Post
Why that?
Because the "radio sender" in the pen is not exactly at the tip of it, but a bit above. So depending how you hold the pen, the sender is actually on another spot then the tip of it.

Quote:
Do all wacom device behave like this?
Afaik, yes. At least I explicitly tested with a HP tabled PC of a friend. It was far worse there than on the iLiad.

Quote:
Is there any way to work around?
Calibrate the device in the way, you naturally hold the pen, including edges, if you tilt upward your pen at edges, calibrate it exactly like this there. I know its difficult to hold the pen the same way as when natural writing, 'cause its somehow a special situation.

other than that, when you turn the iLiad or the pen in another way than calibrated, there is a gap. I recognize this most time when underlining. I'm trained to hold my paper and pen differently then, so I can use the natural "woosh" of my hand to make a straight line. There are 2 ways to workaround: either draw a line like normal writing (i hate this), or make the line elsewhere so it appears where you want (i do this now, I learned that striking through the text most times underlines it nicely)

Last edited by axel77; 04-22-2008 at 10:32 AM.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote