View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #14
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Sony does have to come down in price. If it does I think it will have buyers, even in USA. Kindle, Kobo and Nook all look pretty much the same (or at least they will when Kindle announce their touch screen, no keyboard version later this year, as I'm sure they will...). Black pieces of plastic. Only Kobo being a little different with a white option. Sony is so much better looking, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who cares about looks.

Of course looks isn't everything, but Sony has some things the others don't that even US buyers might appreciate (European ones certainly will!):
All book are treated equal, no matter what book store they come from.
Sony's collections beat Nook's shelves hand down. I' don't know if Kobo has anything similar at all. (I know Kindle does, but I'm not familiar with it).

(Then of course there are things Sony need to improve as well. One thing that pops up in my minds right away is font selection. The Nook has 6 fonts. Sure wish the Sony had that as well! Or at least more than now!)

(This is the Sony forum, so I guess this is OT, but where does it say that Nook has no web access and Kobo does? [as "rhadin" states] Old Nook did have web access, Kobo didn't. Is this changed with the new ones? Can't find info!)

Last edited by Asawi; 05-25-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote