View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
BrianG
BrianG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Sync Library on two computers

Hello. My home computer stays on 24/7, so I have set up my scheduled Calibre news feeds there (about 20). I have configured the schedules to load new content every morning.

There are times when I'm away from home with only my work laptop (along with my Kindle). I'm trying to figure out whether it's possible to sync the content of my library on both computers so that I can download the latest news even when I am on the road (without having to generate it with a separate instance of Calibre).

I moved my home Calibre library to DropBox, and this seems to work without issue. The content itself is now synced in a DropBox folder. I now theoretically have access to my home Calibre content on my work computer.

I'm extremely hesitant to install calibre on my work computer and point the directory to the DropBox folder. It would be a mistake to point two installations of Calibre into the same directory, correct?

So ... I'm looking for ideas.

Is there an easy way for me to import the new content into a completely separate instance of Calibre on my work computer?

Is there an easy way for me to identify and just drag/drop my new content into my Kindle when I am connected with USB (looks like the folder structure might present a bit of a problem)?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks,
Brian
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote