View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by oecherprinte View Post
Hi,

I ordered a kindle3 to a friends house whos living in the US. I will pick it up when I visit him in October.

From what I read here, it appears to be better to have a US amazon account than a German amazon account (cheaper books and a bigger selection). How can I get a US account? I only have German credit cards.

Can I buy a gift voucher in the US and then register myself as a US user with this voucher or will amazon also accept my german credit card for a US customer?

Are there more convenient methods of doing this? Do I need a computer to set up a US amazon account and register a voucher or can I do all of that via whispernet on the kindle3?

If I go for the gift voucher option: Is there a way of getting US gift voucher codes from germany?

Thanks,

Jens
Since the introduction of the international Kindles about 1 year ago, you don't have to buy gift cards anymore.
Any valid credit card will do.
This credit card doesn't have to have the same address registered as your billing address in your account.
I've used my German credit card for > 400 eBooks from Amazon, 99% of those via my US account. A few via my UK account.

BTW: Amazon totally is aware of that. They've sent my 4 Kindles to the German address. I switch countries within my account back and forth all the time.
I've never used a proxy (I need it for B&N though).
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote