View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #1
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
DO NOT UPDATE FIRMWARE TO 3.20 with TWO-FINGERS LIGHT CONTROL HACK INSTALLED

Glo Users, DO NOT UPDATE TO FIRMWARE 3.20, or allow it to auto update during sync, if you have installed the two finger brightness control hack found at:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232431

You must go to the first thread in that post and uninstall the hack, or firmware 3.20 will leave your Glo with no touch input! Uninstall the hack, then update and re-install the new package for 3.20, if you must, but it could be a problem again on the next update. The problem is that with no Touch input you can't even connect the Glo to your pc to run the uninstaller.

My Glo updated last night and I spent several hours messing around before everything was back to normal -minus the hack. I opted to simply hold the light button in and turn the Glo on to perform a factory reset and then had to go through the whole setup, firmware upgrade(twice!) and copying my side loaded books from Calibre bit. OTOH, I have a nice freshly set up ereader and the latest Calibre(which should be up to date for at least a week...)

If you're handy and have the tools or wish to download them, you may be able to run the uninstall pkg on your Glo's internal sdhc by removing it and mounting it so that you can modify the contents of the partition.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote