View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmuddin View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to get the iriver cover story to read Arabic epubs.
mdmuddin,
I could be wrong, but I understood that the current version of the ePub specifications doesn't support RTL display in any language, so it's not just a matter of the correct font. (Ditto vertical displays like certain Asian scripts.)

I know the question has come up many times in Adobe forums, and I've yet to see a satisfactory solution, or any commitment to development. It's a deficiency that obviously needs to be addressed, but whether that will then require new hardware for eReader displays, I'm not sure.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote