Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #33
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Yes, it sounds like it might help. As I mentioned, sometimes it stays at 100% for up to 4 days after a top-off. Of course, it depends on the individual Touch.

Another thing - I think that many people that have Touches with this problem don't know it till after the 14-day return period is over. This is what happened to me. And the reason is simple. When you first get your Nook home, the first thing they tell you to do is charge it. So you do that. But when you think about it, what you are doing at that point is really topping it off, because a new device from the store usually has say an 80% charge. So you are just topping it up to 100%. So then you think it is great and you use it for over a month. Then you recharge it, essentially for the very first time, and find out you have this draining problem and it's too late to return it.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote