View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #109
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just jailbreaked my K4S temporarily to get the fonts. I have no intention of doing it on My Precious PW. I've already uninstall it and the font hack.

Truthfully Jailbreaking a K4 is easy but it doesn't do anything. It's just framework so to speak. There really isn't a reason to do it for the average Kindle user.
I jailbreaked my PW originally so I could do custom screensavers, in particular to have the cover of my currently reading book displayed. However, by doing the JBPatch also, I am able to customize font sizes, margins and have hyphenations. Of everything, hyphenations (while being such a simple thing) has turned out to be the thing I enjoy the most...It makes the reading on my PW far more natural. The Jailbreak, SS Hack, and the JBPatch are all very simple to do and take very little time and are NOT like USBnet with which you can easily brick things. My understanding is if you don't do the Jailbreak or SS Hack or JBPatch correctly, all that happens is that they don't work. Also, the people in the Developer's Corner are very helpful. If you find having your own fonts to be enjoyable, I think you're the type that would definitely enjoy the hyphenations.

Last edited by GoSharks; 01-15-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote