View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
baldrick45
baldrick45 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Fire
This topic is a bit of a no-no on mobileread. If you ain't paid Amazon for the privilege of being add-free then 'Tough Luck'.....

That said - I'm in the same boat with a Paperwhite SO and a Kindle Fire SO coming for my kids for Christmas from relatives in the US.

From what I understand. If you are living in a country where SOs are not supported, you can just register the device and then ask Amazon to turn off the adds and they should do so free-gratis.

If you have a national SO programme, they'll swap you onto that one unless you pay them their ad-removal fee (currently £10 in the UK I believe).

Your choice - if the ads annoy you that much - pay them the money or look elsewhere on the Web for a hack but know that Amazon's next update may well re-instate the ads.

Me - I'll be asking Amazon to turn-off ads on the paperwhite and paying them to turn off the ads on the Fire. After that - the jailbreaking goodness should be all mine.

Read the forums here a bit more and you'll see that this is a very touchy subject at mobileread. As one noob to another lets not end up on the receiving end of a flamewar!
baldrick45 is offline   Reply With Quote