View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
taxesed
taxesed began at the beginning.

Device: nook
New Hard Drive and Calibre

My hard drive crashed, but I did have my Calibre library saved on an external hard drive. The hard drive was replaced and I reinstalled Calibre. I copied the library to the C drive, but I cannot get Calibre to recognize it. The Calibre welcome wizard states to use an empty folder for a new Calibre library. Then, if you have an existing Calibre library, it will be copied to the new location. If the Calibre library already exists at the new location, Calibre will switch to it. The library I copied is at C:Ebooks:Calibre Library3. I set up an empty folder called C:Ebooks:Calibre Library4 for the empty folder for the new library. I then went to books switch/create library and tried to get Calibre to recognize the library at C:Ebooks:Calibre Library3, but could not do it. I cannot move 4 to 3 because 3 is not empty and I cannot use the previous existing library at the new location, 3 at 4, because there is no existing Calibre library at 3. I do not want to lose all the books in my library. I would appreciate any help that can be offered to get my library into Calibre!
taxesed is offline   Reply With Quote