View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by npoland View Post
So these might be developments, but I don't really know.

I managed to get into fastboot mode and the kindle fastboot tool works on it!

From there i booted to the diag system. I tried the login again using:
login: framework
password: mario
And it worked!
The fionaXXXX and mario do not work for root though.

Is having access to this filesystem of much use?
Fastboot has a bunch of interesting stuff it can do.
It can completely re-flash the system memory.
In fact, once it is in fastboot mode (however it got there), then Kubrick can be extended to handle de-bricking a Kpw2.

It looks like you have documented that everything the Kindle-Krackers might need is still present.

Way past this old man's bedtime -
Will just wait for the dev's in other time zones to get caught up, reading all of this information.

They will probably ask you to do some more things with your device over the serial port, such as make copies of the firmware.
I am far to sleepy to even dare to give you step-by-step on doing that.

But if you can leave your working setup alone, until someone else wakes up . . . .

We may not know if the end-user will very be able to "Jailbreak" the device, but we are now certain that we can de-brick one over the serial line.

Many thanks for all this information !

I can see that you have been reading Geekmaster's de-bricking threads (and the related threads) - smart move to learn what you can about the device first.

Well done.

Last edited by knc1; 10-01-2013 at 11:48 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote