View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Physically embedding fonts inside an epub is easily done, once you know what to do. Publishers do it often (usually with the Charis SIL font in the epubs I've encountered). You still need to do the @font-face statements, but they point to the font files actually inside the epub

If you plan to publish, you would need to read the font copyright carefully to make sure that distributing the fonts was legal.

I guess you'd also need to check that embedded font epubs worked correctly on a good range of the most popular readers. I can vouch for the fact they work on all the readers I own.
Font embedding doesn't work properly on the Kobo. They botched it big time. If you put the font-family directive in body, it doesn't display. That is how most publishers do it to activate the main embedded font(s).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote