View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Seeking portable ebook reader software

I'm putting together a high-school library of ebooks (public domain, creative commons, etc.), and want to be able to put it on a flash drive or disc, preferably with ebook reading software. I'd like "portable"--no installer necessary--software, for as many ebook formats as I can arrange to support.

I intend to provide HTML, epub, mobi, and two sizes of PDF (letter sized for printing; about half that for screen reading, or whatever paperback size is provided by the publisher if that's my starting doc.). I might provide RTF as well. I'd also like to give them the tools to read other formats, if that's possible.

I can use Portable Firefox with the EpubReader add-on; that works for HTML and epub files.
I can include Sumatra and/or Foxit PDF reader.
I can use AbiWord for RTF/Doc/txt files. (Could use OpenOffice, but that's huge; AbiWord is less than 10mb.)
ComicsViewer is a portable cbr/cbz program.

Want: Not sure what I could use for .mobi files; it may not have a portable reader. May not even have installation software I can legally distribute, as opposed to giving a link to the download site.

Unsupported: I don't think I can use anything for .lit, but could include litconvert. Can't think of anything that'll work for .pdb, either doc or ereader type, either. But I don't think either of those are crucial.

Is there a stand-alone epub reader? Or a nice multi-format reader? (Stanza's only for iThings, right?)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote