View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #111
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Why would you have to scroll up/down to move left and right?
The mouse wheel moves up and down, in response the metro screen scrolls left to right along the main icons. It's odd and not natural unlike with a touch pad or touch interface where you scroll fingers left/right to move it left/right. However due to wide screen monitors and a need to make metro work the same on tablet and desktop, there's no vertical scrolling of the metro tiles.

The mouse wheel does move up/down on controls as normal yes, that's not what I was referring to though.

Quote:
And I can't find a video showing the right-click pop-up screen popping up at the bottom of the screen. People complain about it being slow to pop up, but it looks like it's popping up in the right place:
That's not metro, it's the desktop interface. On metro, when you right click on a tile or in apps such as the mail app, the context menu appears from the bottom of the screen and remains at the bottom of the screen.

There's not really anything wrong with the desktop side of win8, at least I didn't have any real complaints after using it. It's metro that feels awkward to use with a mouse.

Last edited by JoeD; 12-13-2012 at 10:01 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote