View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #130
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
And knc1 is "fairly certain" that the 3G modem in the kindles has an OpenGL engine in it. OpenGL in the MODEM! -- How can we hack that?
That QualCom SoC (the 3G 'Engine') has a lot of silicon real estate not used for the call processing (since the AnyData doesn't do voice).
Depending on the firmware loaded (I.E: Which manufacturer is using the QualCom chip) you can find all sorts of things.
Fax-Modem, HTTP server, e-mail server/client, just name it, somebody tried to cram it into the firmware.

AnyData is being very shy about releasing public documentation, but QualCom isn't - you can get everything __except__ the AnyData propriatary info.

I included links to those information resources in some of my earliest posts here - dig back a few months in the archives.

Note: I have three, 3G modems on hand (the Kindle 3g plus two others) - I may have gotten my specs confused - but I think the AnyData is one of the ones with an OpenGL engine in it.

If we can get that ARM SoC on the 3G modem to do something useful (its nearly a second processor system on the K3)....
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote