View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #16
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSp View Post
I've been using a similar WiFi drive - the 500GB Seagate GoFlex Satellite. I use it among my Fire, Motorola Xoom tablet, a netbook, and a laptop. People have reported issues with it but I haven't had any problems. You can access it either through a Seagate app or a browser and it supports multiple, concurrent users.

I didn't see anything about it on the Kingston's writeup but there is generally a limitation with these devices - because they generate their own local network, you cannot access the Internet when connected to one of these. That's true with the Seagate, don't know on the Kingston.

Dave
Dave,
The reason it works with the Kingston is that the Kingston is able to connect to your WiFi Network and once it is, then when you're connected with the Wi-Drive, you're also on the Net. Pretty swift.

- Andrys
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote