View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #52
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I'm having difficulty deciding between the Nook STR and the Kobo Touch. I like the KT's native support for CBR/CBZ but not pleased by the variety of problems that have plagued it. (I already have an iPad, had a nootered nook color, but I just want an ereader that doesn't need tinkering otherwise I'd just buy a nook ST and nooter it and add a comic reader)
The vast majority (>90%) of our customers from our latest survey are reporting they are extremely satisfied with their purchase, and our device return rates have been record lows for this particular product, well below industry standards. We're very pleased with these results, it's a great vote of confidence from our customers whom we love.

We also have the following advantages over Nook STR:
Our device costs $10 less, it's smaller, sleeker and lighter.

Most customers love our Reading Life functionality, which allows you to track your reading, gain achievements and share these with your friends, making reading fun and game-like. It's not for everyone, but it's extremely popular.

We have IMO the best PDF viewing experience on a 6" e-ink device out of any of the leading brands.

We have amazing mobile applications, linked to your account, if you are so inclined.

We regularly update the device with features that our customers specifically ask for. B&N's last update took ~2 months and introduced 3 bug fixes only. We listen and we act. We have some pretty cool features on our roadmap too.

Quote:
People posting "I'm pleased with the Kobo Touch in spite of <fill_in_the_blank> issue" does not instill confidence in purchasing one. All that says is that KT buyers have a higher tolerance for issues. I was leaning toward the KT.
Many of our Touch customers are actually in the 55+ range, and I'd venture that age group tends to be less tolerant of faults if anything, however I don't have any data to back that up with

Hope that helps in your purchase decision!
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote