View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
I'm running Win 7 - 64 bit and currently still on Calibre 0.7.10...I would say time to open is 8-10 seconds. I haven't noticed in lag when hitting edit metadata. Adding a single file (book) can take longer than one might expect depending on the file type and size I guess but I haven't timed it as such. I am usually adding multiple books at a time. My library is almost 1200 titles right now.

All that said, like ejm asks...do you have any other programs that are slow on your machine? Also, in the Calibre Preferences under Advanced, what do you have set for max number of worker processes? Mine is at 4 and the checkbox underneath for limit max jobs to cores is checked on my system.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote