Thread: UUID creation?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
UUID creation?

I use a template when creating new ePubs - all the standard Cover/Title/CSS/OPF files already in a "default.epub" file which then gets Saved-As the new title. Everything has been going great until I realized that I've been forgetting to change the UUID in the OPF!

Code:
<dc:identifier id="BookId" opf:scheme="UUID">
urn:uuid:xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</dc:identifier>
Is there some magic formula or scheme that should be followed when creating a new UUID?

And, more importantly, does Sigil have a function for doing that? If not, can it be added??
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote