View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I remember those days. I remember having to go through computer operation's procedures to get access to my data, access to my printouts, and access to the CPU to perform certain functions. The introduction of the first mass produced personal computers were truly revolutionary. Having experienced computing before personal computers and the freedom it provided, there is no way that I'm going back to those times.
What do you mean, "remember"? With today's corporate security policies it is harder than ever for me to access the data and systems I need to. I have upwards of a hundred firewall rule exceptions just to do my job. And every new system means weeks of paperwork to obtain appropriate access and permissions to get everything communicating correctly while maintaining security. Ever hear of a STIG? Fun stuff.

The thing is, most of this overblown security is due to the inherent insecure nature of personal computing.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote